NVAIR, KAIR Košice Artist in residence and Schafhof -European Center for Art Upper Bavaria — invites DIGITAL artists from Ukraine, Slovakia, Upper Bavaria (Germany), and invites join artists from Asia, Australia, Soth, and North America, Africa, and Europe for global co-creating to take part in the two-months online residency program.
Application deadline: 24 December 2021
Date of results: 10 January 2022
Program Dates 1 February – 30 March 2022
KAIR Košice Artist in Residence is an international Artist-in-Residence program for artists from all over the world and out of all artistic disciplines and expressions. K.A.I.R. is strongly focused on the creation of international cooperation between the Slovak and foreign artists and art organizations.
The NAZAR VOITOVYCH ART RESIDENCE (NVAIR) is an educational and artistic center with studios, recreation rooms, and exhibition hall in the small village of Travneve, of Zbarazh district, Ternopil region. NVAiR opened in 2017 with the aim to support the artistic creation and the development of the local community. From 2020 start an online residency practice to develop global communication and stay in touch with artists in any condition.
The European Center for Art in Upper Bavaria is located on the outskirts of Freising in the Munich area, in a former sheep stable (SCHAFHOF). The location in the midst of nature, exceptional architecture, and a versatile cultural program make the Schafhof a center of contemporary art as well as a popular tourist destination. The activities of the Center for Art include two focus points: The Artist-in-Residence program and the Exhibition program. A wide range of Supporting programs completes the professional services.
ARTIST IS ABSENT - This is an international program of virtual residencies for digital artists.
It takes place in cooperation between art residences NVAIR (Ukraine), Schafhof (Germany), KAIR (Slovakia) and we still open to collaboration!
Team of mentors:
Lucy Nychai — Curator of international exchange programs of art residence for youth artists NVAIR, Curator-at-Large Lite-Haus Gallery (Berlin), communication and curating of program
Vartan Markarian — Digital artist (XR), Art director of the international project “A:PART Berlin-Poltava”, tech-curating of program.
The AIA program is the birthplace of new ideas and meanings for international dialogue through art. We focus on common issues and topics for dialogues about the digital art ecosystem. The name of the program reminds us of new algorithms and technical capabilities of tools for creating art. In the program, we look for the importance of the artist as a carrier of ideas and the weight of tools that bring new meaning to the process.
The global condition of the last one and a half year had a significant impact on communication algorithms in all areas, and this has prompted many art projects to find a place online. Demand for tools has significantly improved their quality and expanded opportunities. And all this in turn made it possible to work more globally.
In the course of the first experimental program of AIA residencies (Ukraine-Germany), we created a virtual experience with a hall for communication and 4 virtual projects, and most importantly, together with the first residents, we developed the structure of the program and communication for co-creation processes.
So, we invite you to join the next experiment.
For 10 emerging artists working with digital media: video, photography, generative art, XR (VR + AR), sound art, etc.
What do we offer?
- The platform for communication and presentation
- 2 months of meetings and discussions with colleagues from Ukraine, Germany, Slovakia, and around the world!!!
- Space for finding new ideas and creating new projects
- Mentoring support in philosophical, artistic, and technical matters
- Free access for 1 month to ART Breeder software - for experiments with artificial intelligence
- Session about NFT and publishing works on the marketplace on Tezos (POS)
- A virtual exhibition, presentation in the Artist is Absent space on the site of the Mozilla Hub last program
- Promotion on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
Presentation of the project in physical space in the partner's locations
What do we expect from residents?
- English at a level sufficient for communication
- Participation in weekly meetings
- Informal communication between participants
- Public online presentation at the beginning of the program
- Presentation of own experience or realization of at least one work during the program
- Publications, re-publications, and distribution of posts about the processes and results of the program on social media
- Virtual presence at the opening of the exhibition
What do you need to participate in?
Send an email with the topic “Artist is absent / Competition 2022” to the specified address:
- CV in PDF format in English;
- A 1-page letter describing your practice (topics of your work, tools, technics) in PDF format in English;
- a link to a website or page with your portfolio.